When replacing much of your front garden with an impervious hard surface for cars, it is necessary to consider drainage. The rainwater cannot now sink into the ground and may flow out onto the pavement. The Council as the Highways Authority can take action and give notice to the occupier to prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, surface water flowing on to or over the footway of a highway.

A good example of where drainage has been provided is 50 Bassett Green Road.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment. Login »